Counting Coup Countdown...

The Luge

Levi Leipheimer ripping up the single-track...

Monday, November 16, 2009

Wannabe Bike Mechanic

While I was out on the trails on Saturday with Marquart and Bogart, I ran into a little trouble...first with my chain then with my front rerailleur. The end result was finishing the 2nd half of the Coto Caspers Oso loop (14 miles) on my newly converted 1 X 9 (not by choice, mind you) which was stuck in the bottom chainring.

Upon my arrival home, 1:45 minutes later than originally anticipated, I decided to attempt the unthinkable...to re-cable my front derailleur without professional assistance. I went online an found a series of videos on www.ehow.com. These videos were so helpful that I thought I'd pass the link on to the fellas. There is a guy who has posted a series of 25 videos for do-it-yourself/wannabe mountain bike mechanics. This series helps users identify and adjust the mechanical components of a mountain bike. Most of the videos are just a few minutes in length and give you just enough information to be dangerous. Here is the link: http://www.ehow.com/videos-on_2049_mechanical-parts-concepts-mountain-bikes.html. Check it out. I've also posted the link in the "Links" section on the right side of the blog.

Well, I think my re-cabling effort was successful...I rode up and down the block a couple of times and it seemed fine. We'll see how things go on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment