Counting Coup Countdown...

The Luge

Levi Leipheimer ripping up the single-track...

Sunday, March 21, 2010

2010 Counting Coup

Wow! What a great day yesterday. We had great weather for the 2010 Warrior's Society Pow Wow.

The Counting Coup course was in great condition as crews were out earlier in the week grading and repairing the trail. Despite severe cramps, crashes, and a couple of on-course deuce drops, we all ended up finishing the race...with about 3 hours separating the group - John Andrews finished in about 5:30, while I brought up the rear in about 8:30.

The Coup was by far the toughest event in which I have ever participated. I was consistently challenged by my body to even make the check point cut-off times and finish the race. The severe leg cramping and stomach issues kept me constantly questioning my participation. That said, it's time to start preparing for next year's race. Let's try to get more Chupacabras out there next year.

2 comments:

  1. Nicely stated, Muzz! It's taken me 3 days to be able to get up out of my chair without pain, but I think I'm ready to sip the Kool Aid again next year and "Do the Coup!" What a great feat that we all finished. It's been great riding with this group of guys and I look forward to our next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely said...you gave away our secret weapon...some people drink Coca-Cola for the final boost to the peak...instead, we shed 10 pounds...sometimes very publicly!

    ReplyDelete